Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Avocado and green leaf salad (vegan)


I showed you how to make your own croutons in my last post, now it's time to show you what you can do with them :). Like this glorious and almost instant-to-make salad. 
It's one of my go-to-s when I'm in a hurry but still need to eat something before I return to whatever it is I have to write. With some of my favorite things ever: avocado, spinach, rucola and so on. :)
Enjoy.
Recipe inspired from here

Last year: Mushroom and broccoli filled omelet
Two years ago: Baby making and no cooking :).




Ingredients (for one serving):
  • 1 avocado
  • 150 g spinach, rucola and field salad leaves
  • 50 g croutons (home made)
  • 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
  • 1 teaspoon red balsamic vinegar
  • 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Put all the leaves in a large salad bowl. Mix the vinegar, mustard and oil and pour it over the leaves. Mix well.

Peel and chop the avocado. Add it to the salad. Also add the croutons.

Mix well and it's done. Dig in before the croutons soften up too much :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...